Xinxu Valve: An Overview of Stainless Steel Three-way Ball Valve
The shutoff part of stainless steel three-way ball valve is a sphere. The sphere rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close the valve.
Structural characteristics of stainless steel three-way ball valves:
1. Opening and closing without friction: It completely solves the problem that traditional valves are affected by friction between sealing surfaces.
2. Uploading structure: Valves installed in pipelines can be inspected and maintained directly on-line, which can effectively reduce device shutdown and cost. Valves of this type shall generally be installed horizontally in pipes.
3. Single seat design. It eliminates the problem that the medium in the valve chamber will affect the safety of operation due to abnormal boosting.
4. Low Torque Design. The valve stem with special structure design can be opened and closed easily with only a small hand handle.
5. Wedge seal structure. The valve is sealed by the mechanical force provided by the stem, which presses the ball wedge onto the valve seat, so that the sealing performance of the valve is not affected by the variation of pipeline pressure difference, and can be guaranteed reliably under various working conditions.
6. Self-cleaning structure of sealing surface. When the sphere tilts away from the valve seat, the fluid in the pipeline passes through the sealing surface of the sphere at 360 degrees evenly, which not only eliminates the local erosion of the high-speed fluid to the valve seat, but also washes away the accumulation on the sealing surface, so as to achieve the purpose of self-cleaning.
Stainless steel three-way ball valves have the following advantages:
1. Fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to that of the same length of pipe section.
2. It has simple structure, small volume and light weight.
3. Tight and reliable. At present, the sealing surface materials of ball valves are widely used in plastics and have good sealing performance. They have also been widely used in vacuum systems.
4. Easy to operate, quick to open and close, from full to full switching as long as the rotation of 90 degrees, easy to control over long distances;
5. Easy maintenance, simple structure of ball valves, sealing rings are generally movable, disassembly and replacement are more convenient;
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the sphere and seat is isolated from the medium. When the medium passes through, the erosion of the sealing surface of the valve will not be caused.
7. It can be used in a wide range of applications, ranging from small to several millimeters in diameter and from high vacuum to high pressure.
The installation and maintenance of stainless steel three-way ball valve should pay attention to the following matters:
1. Keep the rotating position of the valve handle.
2. Can not be used as a throttle;
The ball valve of belt drive mechanism should be installed upright.
The working principle of stainless steel three-way ball valve:
It is the love of rotary valves that makes the valves unblocked or blocked. Ball valve switch is light, small, can be made into a large caliber, reliable seal, simple structure, easy maintenance, sealing surface and sphere are often in closed state, not easy to be eroded by media, widely used in various industries.
1. Opening process:
A. In the closed position, the sphere is pressed on the seat by the mechanical pressure of the valve stem.
B. When the handwheel is rotated counter-clockwise, the stem moves in reverse, and the bottom corner plane of the stem causes the ball to detach from the seat.
C. The valve stem continues to rise and interact with the guide pin in the spiral groove of the valve stem, so that the sphere begins to rotate without friction.
D. Up to the full open position, the stem rises to the limit position and the sphere rotates to the full open position.
II. Closing process:
A. When closed, turn the handwheel clockwise, the stem begins to drop and the ball starts to rotate away from the seat;
B. Continuing to rotate the handwheel, the valve stem is acted by the guide pin embedded in the upper spiral groove, which makes the valve stem and sphere rotate 90 degrees at the same time.
C. Near closure, the sphere has rotated 90 degrees without contact with the seat.
D. In the last few turns of handwheel rotation, the angular plane at the bottom of the stem mechanically wedges the sphere so that it is pressed tightly on the seat to achieve complete sealing.